Job Title: Head of Market Intelligence
Company: KOKO Networks
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The Head of Market Intelligence will lead our market research team to deliver insights to drive customer & agent acquisition, customer & agent retention, and product design. You will play a key role in developing and influencing brand, sales, marketing, and customer service strategy as well as software and hardware product design and pricing. You will serve as a champion for the voice of our customers and agents, helping to bring clarity around their behaviors and preferences through rigorous research, surveys, and in-depth analysis.
- Set overall market intelligence strategy and build and manage research roadmap.
- Select or design appropriate research methods to deliver high quality insights using both quantitative and qualitative techniques.
- Design and lead in-depth customer and market focused research efforts.
- Collect and analyze customer and market data for trends, patterns, and insights.
- Respond to and prioritize inbound research and insight requests.
- Recruit, train, support, and manage market research managers and associates.
- Ensure consistency, accuracy, and overall integrity of market and customer data.
- Prepare and deliver presentations for company leadership and external stakeholders.
Expectations & Requirements
- University degree required; Master’s degree a plus
- 8-10+ years experience, with demonstrated track record of success in management and leadership roles.
- 3-5+ years experience in a market research or analytics role.
- Previous experience with customer survey design, design and implementation of customer-facing pilots, advanced statistical methods, and A/B testing.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools and statistical software packages.
- Demonstrated aptitude for project management, including ability to balance priorities, clarify stakeholder requirements, lead cross-functional efforts, pay keen attention to detail, and generally keep deliverables on schedule.
- Comfort in a fast-paced, growth-stage startup environment.
- Previous experience with mass market products or FMCGs a plus.
About KOKO Networks
KOKO Networks is a venture-backed technology company operating in East Africa and India. We build and deploy dense networks of cloud-connected “KOKOpoints” inside local corner stores, which serve as consumer access points for goods and services delivered in partnership with major suppliers. Our first consumer solution is a liquid ethanol cooking fuel, which delivers significant cost savings and quality of life improvements in the multi-billion dollar market for urban cooking fuel. This fuels solution is delivered through a Kenyan operating partnership with Vivo Energy, the company which owns and operates Shell-branded fuels distribution infrastructure across Africa.
- Bitange Ndemo: Nairobi’s Koko tech good news for forests
- KOKO Networks: Smart Urban Commerce (video: 1m-13s)
- Visit the main MSRA Jobs Board page:
- View all articles tagged as jobs-board:
- View all articles categorised as Careers:
- View all articles categorised as Tech:
- View all articles in MSRA database:
- Return to: Knowledge Centre (Resources | Industry Survey | Newsletter | Training)
- Contact MSRA to post a job on our site.