Key challenges in East Africa:
- Limited number of experienced /qualified resource/staff
- Limited trained & skilled staff leading to poor quality data collection
- Availability of human resource
- Limited pool of talents: it is difficult to find the right people with some experience in the industry - especially in Operations
- Finding the right staff who are already trained.
- Finding qualified middle and top level management
- Qualified and experienced staff
- Limited human capital.
- Rising cost of operations
- Reduced Margins / Profits
- Low budgets by clients
- Economic recession and slumps force market research costs down as clients not willing to pay well for services rendered.
- Increasing client demands against reducing budgets. They want more for less.
- Access to technology: research has moved from manual to computerized data collection and accessing affordable software is not easy.
Spending by Research Method
70.54 % Quantitative
22.23 % Qualitative
7.23 % Other