Event: MSRA Annual Conference 2017
- Presenter: Stellah Nyagah
- Affiliation: Telkom Kenya Ltd.
- Contacts: n/a
- Paper Submission to MSRA Conference 2017
- Conference Theme: “Understanding Shifting Consumer Priorities”
10 years ago
- 10 million mobile subscribers
- 2 million data subscribers
- 40 million mobile subscribers
- 30 million data subscribers
- “Keep calm, there’s an app for that!“
- The mobile phone is ubiquitous
We know a lot about our customers
- Your search history
- Your location
- Whether or not you have an internet connection
- Which apps you have on your mobile phone
- Where your kids go to school
- Where you shop
- Where you eat out
- How often you go
And all this information is aggregated on a mobile device, but do we know what to do with it?
But the marketplace is getting more complex
The oldest millennial consumer is nearly 40 years, they are influencing how business is done, driving the economy:
- They document everything they do on social media.
- They want instant gratification.
- Advertising does little to influence them.
- They review blogs before making a purchase.
- They have no loyalties.
- They value authenticity.
Decision making in the connected world
- Think like a millennial
– What value are we adding to them.
– Consumer needs are fluid.
– Be prepared to change course at a moment’s notice.
– Different segments have different needs, will be reached differently.
– Non- traditional approaches to research.
– What worked yesterday may not work today.
– Big Data
– Social Media
Read more… (pdf, 9 pages, 3.3MB)
- View all MSRA 2017 Conference Papers:
- View all articles tagged as Conference Papers:
- View all articles in MSRA database:
- Return to: Knowledge Centre (Resources | Industry Survey | Newsletter | Training)
- Contact MSRA