Africa Rising: How 900 Million African Consumers Offer More Than You Think
Vijay Mahajan (bio)
- A former dean of the Indian School of Business and who holds the John P. Harbin Centennial Chair in Business at McCombs School of Business, University of Texas at Austin.
- Has consulted with Fortune 500 companies and received several lifetime achievement awards including:
– The American Marketing Association (AMA),
– Charles Coolidge Parlin Award (recipients) for visionary leadership in scientific marketing and
– The Distinguished Alumnus Award from the Indian Institute of Technology (Kanpur).
- The AMA has also instituted the Vijay Mahajan Award for career contributions to marketing strategy.
Overview of book
The first book to explain how to profit from the world’s largest untapped market: Africa’s 900,000,000 consumers!
- Discover how global and local entrepreneurs are succeeding throughout Africa and learn lessons you can use to profit there too.
- Understand the Continent’s rich, complex, and diverse markets, and identify your company’s best opportunities there.
- Year of Publication: 2008
Appropriate for readers who want to understand and take opportunities in International Business.
The book covers the following topics:
Part I: The African Opportunity
- Baking Bread in Zimbabwe – pg3
- Africa Is Richer Than You Think – pg29
- The Power of Africa Two – pg57
Part II: Realizing the Opportunity
- Harnessing the Hanouti: Opportunities in Organizing the Market – pg77
- Building Mama Habiba an Ice Factory: Opportunities in Infrastructure – pg105
- Running with the Cheetah Generation: Opportunities in Africa’s Youth Market – pg127
- Hello to Nollywood: Opportunities in Media and Entertainment – pg147
- Coming Home: Opportunities in the African Diaspora – pg167
- Ubuntu Market – pg187
- Available through Longman Kenya at Ksh.1,200/=
Leave a Reply