MSRA Conference 2019 – Table of Contents:
Investing in research, social or market, generates benefits to organisations and businesses respective of
their size or sector in which they operate. This year, the Marketing & Social Research Association (MSRA)
Kenya, will showcase and highlight benefits and advantages of engaging in research.
We aim to illuminate how different innovations in how research is done, have also brought about a difference to
decision makers. MSRA Kenya welcomes your participation in its 11th annual conference scheduled to take
place on the 14th of November 2019 in Nairobi.
Rationale for the Conference Theme
Without doubt, we have been conducting research for different types of clients over the years and this has made a difference to companies, organisations and brands, locally and regionally. We seek to look at recent disruptions in how we conduct research and their impact on insight delivery.
We hope to understand why organisations that succeed continue to invest in research, why research firms that are growing are continuously innovating on methodology, what has driven the need to change, and how and enlightened privacy-survey consumer is changing how market & social research firms gather data.
Objectives of the Conference
- Hear testimonials of the positive impact of research on organisations’ goals, brands growth
- Understanding growing new trends that demand a response from the market & social research industry in order to deliver impactful insights.
- Hearings from clients on how market & social research initiated innovations have impacted their organisations.
- Understanding data protection and how market & social researchers and clients need to adjust accordingly.
- Highlighting global innovations that will drive local insight agenda in next 2-3 years.
- Expand the working network of researchers and organisations.
Conference Sub Themes
- Impact and Innovations in Research – Is a doublespeak session, where clients present alongside
market & social research companies or clients and market & social research companies present individual
papers to highlight how research has made a real difference to them. Clients and market & social
research companies will focus on innovations they have tried and tested in their research activities.
Objective is to highlight a recent market & social research innovation that has elevated their insight
delivery to a client.
- Data Protection – With the emergence of laws and policies set to govern the use of personal data,
individuals are now more aware and more empowered than ever to manage and understand the use of
their personal data. This session will explore how researchers and clients can cooperate to find a balance
between maximizing the huge benefits of decision-making based on personal data and the minimisation
of privacy breach of personal information.
- Future of Research (Raising the Game) – Session will look at practices not commonly explored by
local market & social researchers, and that are driving real insight delivery for global clients. We hope to
hear from market & social research companies that are championing this in more developed markets or
survey clients. The aim is to challenge or motivate the local market & social research sector to embrace
new trends and innovate.
To achieve the objectives of the conference, the following activities shall be undertaken:
- Plenary sessions
- Panel discussions
- Outdoor exhibitions
- Networking sessions
We are now calling for presentation submissions for this 2019 conference for the plenary sessions. For information on submissions, please see the MSRA Speaker’s Manual. The deadlines for submissions are:
Due Date – Item
- 22nd July 2019 – Submission of synopses by potential speakers.
- 31st July 2019 – Review and feedback on synopses submitted.
- 18th October 2019 – Submission of presentations by speakers.
- 25th October 2019 – Dry-run of presentations & selection of papers to proceed to conference.
- 25th October 2019 – Notification of presenters who will proceed to conference.
- 31st October 2019 – Submission of final written paper & presentations by speakers.
- 14st November 2019 – Presentation of papers at conference.
- 14st November 2019 – Announcement of winners.
- MSRA Conference 2019 – Call for Research Papers (pdf 397KB)
We are now calling for white paper presentation submissions for this 2019 conference for the plenary sessions. The deadlines for submissions are:
Due Date – Item
- 22nd July 2019 – Submission of synopsis white paper synopsis by speakers.
- 18th October 2019 – Submission of written papers for upload on MSRA website.
- 18th October 2019 – Submission of presentations in power point for conference presentation.
- MSRA Conference 2019 – Call for White Papers (pdf 400KB)
Before the Convention – Points to note:
Please ensure not to miss any submission deadline
- Please submit your synopsis by 22nd July 2019.
- The judges shall consider the submitted synopses and offer advice/feedback to each participant by the 31st of July 2019.
- All potential participants shall then proceed to prepare their presentations and submit them to MSRA by the 18th of October 2019.
- Participants are thereafter required to book an appointment with MSRA for a dry run of their presentations on the 25th of October 2019. The dry run will be primarily used to identify and select presenters who will proceed to conference and therefore need to complete their final paper and presentation. A panel of judges will do this selection and participants notified by the 25th of October 2019.
- Selected presenters should submit their final written paper (is more detailed and is normally uploaded on the MSRA website after the conference) and final presentation (in presentation format for use during the conference) by the 31st of October 2019.
- Phone +254-719769016 to make other arrangements (please use international and city code numbers for all communication).
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please send your AV equipment requirements by the 31st of October 2019.
- Standard requirements will be: laptop, projector, podium
- Any other requirements to be sent through before the 31st of October 2019.
- MSRA Conference 2019 – Speakers Manual (pdf 386KB)
Contact Us / Online Registration
We look forward to your participation. For any clarifications/questions, please contact the MSRA Secretariat (Sylvia Radido) via email (email@example.com) or our online contact form.
Alternately, feel free to leave a question or comment below.